Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Trip to a New LYS

While we were on vacay in June, a new yarn shop opened in Kokomo (about 45 minutes north of us). I totally missed this until seeing it mentioned on Ravelry. I looked up the hours and went up Tuesday morning. Opened by an artist and avid crocheter, it is in an old church building. As I pulled up, the yarn bombing outside welcomed me with the cheerful colors and fun arrangements.



The store was decorated with the owner's artwork and crocheted items. Lots of colors and options in the yarns that she stocks. And, most importantly imo, it was cozy, cute, and WELCOMING. From the moment I hit the door, I was welcomed in and it was like chatting with old friends. A friend of the shop came in to have her lunch and play with yarn a bit. She offered to share her pizza with me and the other customer. We talked yarn, blogs, projects, tv, crochet, and knitting.



I settled on some skeins of Plymouth Worsted to make PK a pair of worsted weight socks. (He is going to wear out his sockweight crazy socks before I know it!) Stitches and Scones customers should definitely check out Groovy Girl. It was like going to visit an old friend surrounded by colorful yarn and art.

3 comments:

Groovy Girl said...

Awww thx...Brownie
Hey...BTW...I like that sunflower scarf on one of your pages....It's cute.

Bee Lady said...

Hi Brownie! I'm the "friend that brought the pizza in" just now getting around to checking out your blog, and what's the first thing I see? A beekeepers quilt! Are you kidding me? I'll be watching your progress, that's for sure! DPN's, never could get the hang of them.

Cindy Bee

Brownie Knits said...

Thanks for visiting the site! It was really nice to meet both of you. I hope to plan a trip up with some yarnies soon!