Monday, July 23, 2012

On the Needles

During all the housing changes, I developed a severe reaction to the paint and dust. So much so that my loving hubby "sent me to my room" and took care of everything. Being ever so grateful, I casted on a pair of socks he requested.


Although PK can be very boy (LOVES baseball, beer, sci-fi, comics, etc), he is also an artist via his writing and poetry. Every now and then, his creative side shows up in his clothes. He surprised me with one of these instances during a trip to Simply Socks. He requested a pair of "crazy colored socks." I showed him the Sweet Georgia wall and had him pick what he wanted. (I wanted to get a skein of this yarn for ages to knit up.)




Tough Love Sock yarn from Sweet Georgia
Knitting on US 2 needles and knitting my own made up pattern.

When not working on his sock, I've been knitting on my central park hoodie and made a lot of progress. I am still worried as heck about the fit, but I keep repeating, "It's wool. It's cables." It really should block out okay, but we shall see.


I have a goal of completing a test knit, one sock, and the CPH before the Olympics start. I have all my Olympic knitting planned out so that I can work out in the morning and then knit and watch the games all day/night.

No comments: