Thursday, July 19, 2012

Florida Trip: Finale

You didn't think that I would go on a trip and not visit a yarn shop, did you? I pre-picked A Good Yarn in Sarasota long before we drove down. The great online reviews are all true! Wow. It was bursting with yarn and they had an entire wall of colorways just for their shop. We went on a Friday afternoon and it was so lively and full in there! A front table of 12 or so ladies were working away, another group of 5 or so men and women were in the spinning area working, and there was group after group shopping while we were there. With all this hustle and bustle, the staff easily could have just checked people out, but they took the time to chat with us and tell us about the area and the influence on the colorway I purchased. Such nice people. It is a must see store if you are in the area. 

I held myself to one book and some Madelinetosh in color Midnight Pass to make a sweater. But, oh, what a book. After taking a Japanese knitting course several years ago, I've been looking for a stitchionary that was mentioned and passed around in the class. Here is was with five other copies. (I should have bought them up and resold them online given the crazy prices I have seen!) I can't wait to incorporate some of the combinations into my own knitting projects.



First, I must say that this picture I took doesn't do this color justice. You need to run over to the shop website and check out their pictures and the pictures that were used for inspiration. They do sell and ship, so you have been warned that your wallet might empty out after visiting the site! My grand plan is to combine this yarn, some stitches from the book, and those inspirational tree pictures and create an interesting cardigan for myself. We shall see...


No comments: