Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Babette Is FINISHED!

I started Babette on January 1st, 2008. All these years later, she is finally done! Despite the length of time it took me to complete it, it was really a fun project. Most of those years, she sat in the basket taunting me to piece her together. Every time I would go through my UFOs and decide what to give up on and what to keep, she would be the first to keep. I'm so glad I stuck with it. She is a mixture of yarns I picked up on trips (the main linen/silk orange is from San Fran, the Sheep Shop from a visit to see Carol) and stash yarns I gathered while working at Stitches & Scones (lots of Koigu).


Pattern: Babette from Interweave Crochet 2006
Partial yarn list (fingering yarns held doubled): 
Sheep Shop 
Cotton thread 
Koigu 
Chutney in color Orange (from Artfibers) 
Cotton Classic 
Handmaiden Sea Silk 
Panda Silk 
Miss babs custom dye
Hook size: E


I honestly don't know if I will use it as a blanket. I am super tempted to have it framed and hang it!







No comments: