Monday, May 28, 2012

Central Park Hoodie Update

As I make projects for the Etsy store/orders, design a few things, and test knit, I've also been working on my CPH for fun. Normally, I prefer to knit my sweaters in the round (top-down preferred), but knitting this cable sweater flat is turning out to be very enjoyable. It feels like going back to the roots of knitting. I will admit that the rib/cable drawing in and knitting it out of wool has me looking at the pieces and pondering if my gauge swatch was correct, but I'm sure it will all block out fine.



This is being knitting on US 8 needles (I skipped the US 6 for rib) and is the 40-42 size (I added 4 sts into the design on both front sides to add some extra room). The Cascade 220 Heathers yarn is lovely to work with and is knitting up quickly on the 8s. So far, I have completed the back, left front, and most of the right. I'm hoping to finish at least the sleeves by July 1, if not the entire thing. It is all stash yarn, so I consider that a free project!!!

No comments: