Saturday, April 28, 2012

Molly Ringwald Vest

After working on some recent Brownie Knits designs, I decided to give my brain a rest and knit from some existing patterns. One of the patterns I've had in my line of projects for a bit now is the Molly Ringwald vest from Knit Scene Fall 2006. I thought it was such a cute vest and last year I decided to knit it out of a silk/wool blend that a friend gave me years ago for my birthday.



Here she is! I love the red cranberry color and the yarn was LOVELY to knit. 
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool
US needle 6

It knitted up very fast (around a week with other projects going on). The construction was interesting around the sleeves, but if you just go with it all will end up well. The rib, as you would expect, has lots of give to it. I look forward to wearing it with some black dress shorts for a date night. I do think that I will insert an elastic around the arms and top front to draw it in a bit. After wearing it, I noticed that it gaps some (as others reported in Ravelry, too).

One other note: I added almost 2 inches to the length for the size I made. It still could be a little longer for my liking. However, I think after a blocking where I stretch the length, she should work out.

No comments: