Sunday, April 1, 2012

3K Walk and Working Out

One of my goals for the year was to get in better shape and eat better. It took me until February to find the motivation and the discipline to do it, but I joined a gym and actually make it over there about 5 times a week. I also take afternoon walks with Katie and weekend walks with Patrick. I noticed a sign for a 3K fitness walk and 5K run. Although I am enjoying working out, I am not a runner. Ugh. So, I signed us up for the 3K walk. Now, I know that isn't very far and I regularly do longer on my daily workouts, but it was my first coordinated "K" of any kind. So, I was excited and satisfied that we signed up and did it. We finished toward the front of the walkers, so that was satisfying, too!!! (I told Patrick that if I was going to be last, he had to step behind me. :)


Unfortunately, IU lost the night before the walk. I was a proud Hoosier regardless!

I've also found that I am more focused on my knitting and designing now that I am taking better care of myself. Maybe it is the exercise, maybe it is the healthy food, or maybe it is the great weather...but I find that a morning workout followed by a balanced lunch means a productive afternoon and evening of knitting and designing. Now, if only I can keep it up!

No comments: