Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wingspan

As part of my terrarium party, I decided to knit a shawl I could use as a centerpiece and then have available to wear later. Like many knitters (judging from the number of projects in Ravelry), I found the look and concept of Wingspan interesting. This is a free pattern available for electronic download in Ravelry. I grabbed the one skein of Three Irish Girls that I bought during my trip to Simply Socks with the ladies. PERFECT colors for a garden-themed party.









Don't you just love the color? It is Three Irish Girls Glenhaven Cashmerino in color Aiden. I only six wedges because I didn't have as many yards as the pattern recommended. However, it fits nicely around my shoulders/neck, so it will be great to wear. (I'll also admit that I tucked back just enough yardage to make a pair of baby booties for the Etsy shop. The color was just perfect!)

This is a fantastic and fun knit that uses garter and short rows. Don't be scared off by the short row concept. In this case, because it is garter, you don't have to wrap or pick up wraps. You simply knit to a marker, turn the work and knit back. Simple and elegant.

No comments: