Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Plant Creations

After the terrarium party, I went out Sunday night to watch the IU/Purdue game. Got up Monday morning and worked out and came home. I started feeling not myself and went to lay down for a bit. After that, it was all over! I got the worst cold I have had in my life. I feel like I'm just now over it all. Knocked me on my bottom!

So, after getting better, I looked at the leftover plants from the terrarium party and had to decide what to do with them. Right now, I only have two little green guys awaiting a decision. Here are the other terrariums and potted plants that we put together.

 This is a brandy glass. It is such a cute little one!

 My favorite! A punch bowl terrarium!
 Isn't it pretty? I think it will make a great dining room centerpiece!

I admit I was excited when nobody used the MIL's tongue plant. It was on my list to get and have as a potted plant. Here it is in a little blue pot I found at Goodwill for $2.00. LOVE Goodwill for plant containers. I got the blue pot, punch bowl, brandy glass, and the two terrariums below from there. CHEAP! 

 This guy has already doubled in size! Loves his rock-filled terrarium.

 A bit of an experiment with this candle holder. So far, he is a happy camper. I layered it like a terrarium, but it is not very deep at all. He is happily growing on the mantle.


Then, I still had some leftover succulents and cacti. I went with trying out the multi-opening plant container. Not a clue if I planted it correctly, but they are all in there and seem okay. It is enjoying the mid-summer weather we are having in Indiana in March. I even put some pansies on the front porch with the summer chairs. It is gorgeous here and is predicted to be for the next few weeks! All the indoor plants are loving the daily sun and fresh air and so am I. 

No comments: