Sunday, March 18, 2012

Modified Flower Pot Hat

One thing I like to do to mix up knitting/crocheting is to combine patterns. This is a great way to shake things up and create a unique piece. For this project, I knitted up the Flower Pot hat from Itty Bitty Hats. Being a bit lazy about making all the little flowers and and also loving the look of a large flower on a little girl hat, I decided to crochet the flower from a diaper cover pattern. 


Hat knitted out of Plymouth Jeanne
Flower crocheted out of some Jeanne and some Cotton Classic
Center of flower has a felted ball sewn onto it...a simple way to jazz up a flower.
I put the flower on a pin so that it can be removed when the hat needs to be washed. 
I can't wait to see this one on little E.

No comments: