Thursday, February 16, 2012

What Valentine's Day Means Now

I used to hate Valentine's Day. With. A. Passion. It was a reminder each year that you were single. Now that I'm older, I wonder why I didn't really understand that it is about celebrating love of all kinds. It is funny that now that I am not single I appreciate the other loves you have in your day.

This year we traveled south to sit with a friend as a show of support. Said friends repeatedly gave us an out so that we could enjoy a traditional Valentine's Day, but it seemed to me that being there for a friend was a great way to spend a day about love and relationships. It made me want to do something with a friend or family member in future years as part of the celebrations. Of course, we also came home to have our own gift exchange and dinner. A great way to end the day.


I asked for mini terrariums for Valentine's Day. This one is with dirt and succulents. 
A few rocks and moss tossed in for extra texture and color. 


It sits on the shelf next to Riley's downstairs bed. He puts his little head in that direction and stares at it until he drifts off to sleep. So cute!


This little one is an air plant with sand and shells.

I hope you had a day filled with love and friendship!

No comments: