Monday, February 27, 2012

Crocheted Bracelets: Free Pattern!

Last week my SIL sent me a picture of a crocheted bracelet that she liked. SO simple, yet so cute. In fact, here is the little pattern I worked up:


  1. Select your yarn. (I used a worsted for the grey one and a fingering weight held doubled for the teal one.)
  2. Play around chaining with different hook sizes until you find one that works well with your yarn and provides a very even and non-loose chain. (I used an F hook for both of the bracelets pictured here).
  3. Start with a slip knot and chain as long as you want. (Most of the ones I have seen in stores go around your wrist anywhere from 6 to 11 times.)
  4. When the chain is the length you desire, join it to the beginning chain with a slip stitch. (Be careful not to have a twist in the chain. Although, you will twist it all around when wearing it, so it isn't a huge deal.)
  5. Sew on a decorative button over the join area. 
  6. Wrap around your wrist and enjoy. You can use the button to criss cross and hold the twists. Some wraps will show the front and some the back. FUN!


Total time was about 15 minutes (with most of that being sewing the button). It is a GREAT project for leftover bits of yarn and that odd button. You can also make lots of them and stack them in the spring and summer for a fun and flirty look.





4 comments:

Meg said...

Love mine! What a pretty blue one too!

Kerry Cogan said...

This is beautiful--I'm excited to make one and have some warmer weather so I can show it off!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea - I have loads of odd ends of yarn and buttons rescued from clothes so it is an ideal project for me, thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing for a barefoot sandal, i made chains from my middle toe to my inner thigh, and i threaded the chains different directions through my toes- and around my heel- turns out very pretty to me.