Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review of Brava Worsted from Knit Picks

I love merino wool. I love soft wool. However, wool doesn't always love me. Sometimes, I end up turning to cotton or acrylics because of allergies and such. I know that some knitters/crocheters swear by wool. I just simply cannot because my body rejects it. So I'm always on the lookout for alternative yarns that will perform well and be SOFT. The recent launch of Knit Picks Brava got my attention because of the yardage, price, and colors. I read some online reviews that raved about how soft it is. I have a new design in my head that would require a lot of yardage, colors, and easy care. So, I put together an order and waited for the box to arrive.

The colors are so nice and vibrant! Each ball is 219 yards and it is SO soft. Retailing at $2.99 a ball, you really cannot beat the price. Often times I find acrylic to be like working, well, with plastic. Does this feel like wool, no. Am I happy to crochet with it? Yep. With the softness and machine wash and dry instructions it is a no brainer for baby, pet, home items, and gifts.

Stay tuned for the release of my new pattern in a few months!

No comments: