Saturday, January 14, 2012

Giraffe for E

One of the major projects I worked on in 2011 was a giraffe for E as her main Christmas gift. I started this project in the summer and then worked on it here and there until November. It was a labor of love as I ended up making 18 pieces total. He turned out super cute and I'm really happy with how she looks and that E seems to like her.




Yarn: Plymouth Jeanne Worsted
Needles: US 5
Pattern: Itty Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson


Here she is with her new buddy. I only stuffed it with fiberfill so the giraffe is nice and soft and ready for hugs. I did use the straws for the horns as suggested in the pattern. I didn't really make any modifications except that I put some extra poms and dots on to balance out my particular giraffe. I know several other knitters who made this guy. One used a washable wool and one used a cotton. The yarn I used is a cotton/acrylic blend. I'm really happy that I went this route. The yarn is holding nicely and there is not a scratch factor. As you can see from the picture, this is not a tiny animal! I hope that E and whatever she decides to name her giraffe have many fun years together. I'm on to making some other toys from this great book. As with all of Susan's books, they are a must in my opinion!

No comments: