Sunday, December 11, 2011

What Story Does Your Christmas Tree Tell?

Every year as we put up our tree, we think about what each ornament says. What story does your tree tell?


This year added the tree skirt...one of the funny things I will remember about this is that I watched Twin Peaks while I was making it. A new holiday show? Ha! :)


A few knitted ornaments and some knitting-themed ornaments adorn our tree...


There are ornaments with pictures from over the years, ones with years on them, and this little yorkie one from our friend Sarah when Riley was a puppy.


Shell ornament from our Turks and Caicos trip, one from our London trip, and a handmade one from PK.
I hate lots of little things sitting around, so on our trips we often buy ornaments as a souvenir. It makes them all very special to us.


This is our one from Greece. Not really sure it was meant to be an ornament and for all we know it says awful things since the language is unknown. We laugh about that each year.


Our 2011 ornament and our most special ornament on the tree...the one from our honeymoon trip to Venice. Every year you can find this little guy in a special spot of display in the front top center. 


As the kids grow we have some they made us, like this stocking from Aidan...


...and this picture one from Jack...


There are ornaments with our dreams like this one from Florida of the palm tree.


There are ones of special memories...our wedding program...


Snowflakes from my MIL and glass globe ones from a shopping trip with my mom...
Some ornaments from friends, including this clay singer ornament from Karen some 14 or so years ago...


Joke ones like this gnome one PK gave me one year. I loved the "Oh NO! Don't back up!" commercial.



All my precious moments ornaments from when I was a little girl...


Another joke one from PK about my love of crab when we go to visit the Klunk family out east...
Hallmark ornaments from Patrick as a little boy...


This year my MIL gave us her Norman Rockwell 12 days of Christmas ornaments. Aren't they cool?
And like a good alumni, I have an IU ornament or two...


We also have these two little trees that don't really have a story, but they make me smile.


Here is our finished tree...the tree we bought our first year together. I remember telling my mom when we went to get it that Patrick was the guy I was going to marry.


Our stockings that were $1.00 each when we were barely surviving with paying college bills and such. They will always be super special to us...along with our Christmas picture of Riley and Kennedy.

1 comment:

Meg said...

What a sweet post and a BEAUTIFUL TREE! I think this post in itself will become a nice memory :)