Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ruffled and Ruched Scarf

After a few afternoon sessions, and working between Christmas gifts, I finished up my neck warmer. It was so hard to put down because of the lovely yarn that I ended up finishing it in three knitting sessions. What do you think? Maybe I'll see Carol this winter and we can take a pic of us both wearing them!

Pattern: Ruffled and Ruched Scarf (pattern available in Ravelry)
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage (1.5 skeins)
Needle: US 9


Notes: I followed the worsted weight instructions. Be sure to use at least a 32" circular. For the flower portion, I left long tails and then ran one tail up the CO edge and pulled it tight. That caused the flower to curl up for me. I then stitched it down using my own method from my Sunflower pattern. I seamed it to a pin backing from my stash and attached it to the finished scarf.



After our little photo session, we went to lunch and there was a consignment shop next door. I took a look around and got a formal camel winter wool coat for CHEAP and it is in perfect condition and designer. I still keep looking at it to figure out why it was so cheap. Anyway, it goes GREAT with my scarf. BONUS!!!!

No comments: