Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Matching Neck Warmers

Several weeks back I had the rare chance to spend lunch with two of my girlfriends. Years and years ago when we all lived in the same city and were single (or dragged poor Greg along), we would hang out every weekend...usually most of the weekend and lunches through the week. I look back on those times and wish I had treasured them even more. We had a blast together and those friendships got me through some years of my life that would have been tough and lonely, otherwise.

Now...we see each other 2 or 3 times a year and the moments fly by in a flash. Looking back on the lunch, I think about how funny we must have sounded to those around us because we were talking so fast to try and catch up as much as possible. After lunch, Carol and I made a quick run to the The Village Yarn Shop. We ended up buying a project to make together. The yarn? Madelinetosh, of course!!!


I started knitting mine over Thanksgiving week and thought about how thankful I am that after all these years I still have Carol, Tonya, and Greg as friends and that we added Sam and Patrick along the way.

 

No comments: