Thursday, December 29, 2011

Headbands/Neck Warmers

My SIL requested a headband that could be worn as a neck warmer that she saw on Pinterest. It was a free pattern so I pulled out some stash yarn and casted on one for myself to see if there was anything to change up for Meg's version. Nope. Didn't change a thing! I really like how they turned out. I wear mine more as a neck warmer, but if I were outside playing with kids I would be putting in over my ears to stay warm!

Here they are as they were drying after washing...The pattern is Center Row Lace Headband / Neck Warmer by Mary Shaw.




Meg's was made to match her mittens out of Berroco Vintage I had in my stash. I used a size US 7 needle.




Mine was knitted out of the Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK in Thoreau to match my fingerless mittens on US 7 needles. I used buttons to match on both. Mine had more stretch to it than Meg's so I took advantage of the fact that you can button it anywhere along the lace section to fit your head. Genius! It is nice and cozy on my neck and I don't have to worry about it falling off like a scarf. On a side note, I was thrilled to get my mittens and neck/head warmer out of 1 skein of the yarn. I have another one left over for some other fun project.

1 comment:

Tainted Fibers said...

I love these! Actually I love most everything you make. I have been on a roll making neckwarmers myself. Happy New Year!