Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Where the Heck Have You Been?!?

I know I've been AWOL from the blog for the last week or so. In this case, I have some really good reasons. As previously posted, we started some work on the house and that wasn't isolated to a weekend. We've had lots of workers in and out of the house doing little fixes and some major work, too. The most exciting for me was new carpet in the upstairs. It was seriously needed. Of course, our upstairs is where all the yarn and books live, so that meant packing it all up to be stored during the install. I could have gone my entire life not knowing how many trash bags it takes to hold my yarn stash. Alas, I now know it is 12!!!! I feel like a drug addict admitting that on here, but I know that many of you can relate and might even beat me.

So the carpet is installed, along with fixtures throughout, and fixes, and paint...So that meant all the workers left, which is both bad and good. While I was happy to have my house back to the four of us, it also meant all the rest of the work was for Patrick and I to do. PK had a lot of unused days of work, so we scheduled a few and plotted how to get all the rest of the updates out of the way. Sunday and Monday were painting the yarn studio, trim in the office and hallway landing (LOTS of trim with 5 doors and it took forever!), and Patrick put in a new floor in the master bath. I felt like a horrible wife when I asked to see the floor midway through and PK got stuck with a rusty staple trying to move for me to see. This led to a tetanus shot...bad wife. Friday is set aside for painting the two upstairs baths and the master bedroom. After that, we have agreed to stop until spring. Our friends at Lowe's might send out a missing person alert given how much we have been there the last month.

Between the fall weather and the dust that has been stirred up in the house, my allergies have been keeping me down. I wake up with horrible migraines and my eyes severely swollen. I take meds and they make me sleep. Ugh. In an email yesterday I wrote that the month of October was a blur and that I missed most of it. It really was a missed month and I am determined not to let life take November from me.

On the knitting front, I have worked and finished many a project in the last few weeks but most are of the holiday gift variety. : ) But, stay tuned because there are other projects, a new pattern, and a stocking update upcoming in the next few days. AND, because the holidays are soon upon us, there will be a giveaway as well!

No comments: