Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Girls Trip to Simply Socks

This past weekend we loaded up Bonnie's car and headed to Fort Wayne for a visit to Simply Socks. Christina had given us a rundown of sorts based on her trip last month, so we were all very excited to check it out. It was fabulous! The lighting in the restored building was fantastic for showing off the gorgeous colors. I must have picked up and put back and then picked up other yarns a zillion times while I was trying to decide what to get. In the end, I settled on two skeins of Madelinetosh, one from Three Irish Girls, and one from Pagewood Farms. I can't decide which one I love the most. I'm currently tossing around project ideas for them.


For some reason, I keep thinking about making leg warmers out of this skein. Not sure about the yardage though, but I do have super short legs!


The beautiful custom Madelinetosh color just for Simply Socks. LOVE it. 


After I got home, I realized that this color is called Aidan. As much as I love the kid, it will probably be knitted into something for me instead. :)


And this just screamed at me from the shelf. I'm thinking about some fun mittens/gloves and matching cowl to go with my red coat. Something a little bright for the upcoming Indiana winter days.

In addition to the yarn shops, it was just great to spend 4 hours in the car chatting away. We didn't have one moment of quiet and we covered so much catching up. One of the things I miss the most about Stitches having closed are these ladies that I worked with. I think it says a lot that so many of the staff continue to get together for a knitting day each month. Not to mention the fact that getting out the house helps to restore my sanity! 

So, if you live in the Midwest, check out Simply Socks. She has an online store, but is open a few days each week. (Be sure to check the store site for specific dates.) Even this non-sock knitter found more than a few reasons to be excited about this store!

1 comment:

Christina Wall said...

I'm so glad you all had a good time! I really missed not being there... can't wait for our next meet up!

happy knitting!