Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Goodies

Fall is a love/hate relationship for me. My worst allergies are in the autumn months and it also means that dreaded winter is not far off. (PK gets a chuckle at my, "Everything just die already" comments as I pray for a hard frost to kill the allergins. It's usually followed by, "I wish it were summer already.")

BUT...on good allergy days, I do have some fall favorites. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so I like to dress up my "kids". Last year Riley was a banana split and Kennedy was a bundle of grapes. When the kids come to our house, they love to see the dogs dressed up. Kids LOVE Kiki and she patiently lets them pet her. We also enjoy a trip to the pumpkin patch and carving our pumpkins and being creative. That's on the agenda in a few weeks.

This past weekend we tried out a recipe that is sure to be a new fall tradition. OMG...these cookies were phenomenal! Found on Pinterest.com and linked out to the recipe...click here. They are super moist and yummy yummy. We used fat free cream cheese and splenda to cut back on calories where possible. They would be fabulous for all those pitch ins!

No comments: