Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pettiskirt

When I stayed with my SIL a few weeks back, one of the things we did was pick out projects for me to make for Ella. Many of these will serve double duty as some of her Christmas gifts, but she isn't old enough to read the blog so I can go ahead and post!

First up was this crocheted pettiskirt. How adorable is this?!? It is primarily for use as a photo prop, but Meg and I thought she might be able to wear it over leggings in the cold air of the Midwest winter as sort of a blanket.



Pattern: Pettiskirt by OhSoCuteDesigns
Technique: Crochet
Hook: H
Yarn: 1 skein each of pink, light purple, dark purple of Plymouth Merino Worsted
Mods: I did not do the full top edging on the skirt--I only did one round of SC in darkest purple.



I played with the color arrangement until I was happy with it. I ended up layering from lightest to darkest. I also really like that you can sort of arrange the ruffles to get as much or as little of the pink and light purple as you want. The waist is a rib with a tie, so it is made to fit newborn to 1 year. Megan was initially planning this for Ella's 1 year pictures, so we will see. 

The designer does, graciously, grant rights to other knitters to make and sell these, so if you would like to order a pettiskirt, let me know. We can customize the colors. So CUTE!