Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DCI Championships

High school marching band was a HUGE part of my life in my teen years. Every year we would get to go watch a Drum and Bugle Corps show. I remember the first time I heard a corps play. I sat there amazed, thrilled, excited, and impressed. Every summer, it was a highlight to go on this trip. I haven't played since I graduated, but I still love to go and watch the local bands each fall.



We kept seeing the Fathom Events advertisement of the DCI prelims at the movies. Now that I no longer work each Thursday night, we had it open to go. Patrick had never watched a corps before. I kept going on and on about how excited I was to see it. Well, the contest happened to be in Indy, so my WONDERFUL hubby ordered tickets for the Finals!!!! I was like a child all week waiting for Christmas to arrive. They didn't disappoint!

My personal favorite shows were The Madison Scouts, The Cavaliers, and Crown. Although I enjoyed the top two shows that won, as an audience member I found them not to be the most exciting. I wasn't able to get very good pictures, but here are few. Now, I'm all ready to watch the high school bands in the coming months!





No comments: