Monday, May 16, 2011

With Love Shawl

One of the great pleasures of knitting is making new friends and seeing their creativity and letting it inspire you. I am lucky enough to be friends with designer Christina Wall of Classic Cable Knits. Christina has a classic design style with a modern flare. I love each and every one of her creations, and you will, too! In addition to being a friend, I often tech edit for Christina so I get some of the first looks at her creations. Routinely, I run to the yarn studio and start pulling yarn down to figure out what to use for the latest creation.

One of her latest designs is the With Love Shawl. My great aunt contacted me and asked me to knit a prayer shawl for a friend. I immediately thought of this shawl and how appropriate it would be with the thought that was put into it from first designing, editing, and then knitting. The lovely two heart detail is so precious.


Pattern: With Love Shawl (available in Ravelry)
Needles: US 8
Yarn: Madelinetosh Vintage 2 skeins (tiny bit leftover that will become some baby booties)
Mods: I accidentally modified the top when I did an extra row of knit, 
so I bound off in Knit on the WS.

This shawl and the Annis have inspired me to create my own crescent shawl. It's time to swatch!!!!

No comments: