Monday, May 2, 2011

Finding Motivation

As most of you know, I left my corporate job to pursue knitting and crochet with full force. My last day was two weeks ago tomorrow. I found that right after leaving, I needed to relax. I spent the majority of time for two weeks reading, sleeping, and visiting family. We are also in the midst of horrible allergy season for me. Ugh. I feel lethargic and plain stupid most days in April and early May.

So, I haven't knitted much lately. I went an entire week without one stitch! Oh my. I was starting to get worried that I had lost my motivation, but it returned! Right now, I'm finalizing edits for two new patterns and hope to release those by the end of the week. One is 100% knitted and one is 100% crocheted so there is something for everybody. I did finish up all the samples for those two releases during this two-week rebuild period, so I guess I wasn't as lazy as I thought!

In addition to the new designs, I also started a Christmas present for someone in my family. Don't want to ruin the surprise, so I'll simply show a close shot and most knitters out there will immediately recognize the item. Another great design from Susan Anderson!

Of course, when I feel like I can't concentrate on a design, I bust out some dishcloths. If you are wanting to learn to knit or crochet, these are GREAT items to start on. It doesn't really matter how good or bad your work looks because it will still wash a dish! I never buy these from the store any more. Instead, I knit or crochet some up every so often and toss out the old ones.

No comments: