Monday, April 18, 2011

April Unique Sheep Block

Each month I anxiously await the arrival of my Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month kit. Within a day or two of getting it, I have it all crocheted up. I just can't help myself from putting everything else on hold and knocking the latest block out. They are SO much fun!

I especially liked the April month. The colors are a beautiful spring pink and a brown that has flecks of green and pink in it. The Luxe yarn is a Superwash Merino that is fingering weight and really nice to work with. In the past, I mostly crocheted with worsted weight yarns. I'm finding that using a lighter weight yarn is much more enjoyable to me. I never would have thought about that being so different because I don't find there to be such a drastic feel when I'm knitting.

This fun little block uses crocheted popcorns. Fast and fun!



Yarn: Unique Sheep Luxe in Spring Pink and Light Bark
Hook: C
Pattern: Blooming Beauty by Melinda Miller


1 comment:

kcarter472 said...

I agree! Love these patterns and love the yarn!