Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sock to Frock

I finished up this little dress for Ella. It's super cute!

Pattern: Sock to Frock from Knitter's 100 edition
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock in Solis
Size: 12 months
Needles: US 3 and 4

The rib pattern while I was knitting it looked so uneven. I steam blocked it and all of that went away and it looks fantastic. It also lengthened by 3 more inches! I had planned for it to add 2, so that was great.

My favorite part about this pattern is that you knit it from the bottom up and when the little girl outgrows it, you undo the top part, make the skirt portion a tad longer and reknit the top. All the sizes use the same stitch count for the skirt. Isn't that fantastic? I have a second skein that I dipped into to finish the button band that I will keep on hand to use as Ella grows up.

1 comment:

Meg and Pete said...

Another super cute dress!!! Love it :)