Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm In LOVE!

I was out with my hubby a few weeks ago in Bloomington and I went to the yarn shop while he went book hunting. I saw this and fell in love. Isn't is gorgeous? the lady at the shop said she had purchased it and they had all been trying to figure out the pattern. Crocheters: What's your take on it? Regular crochet? Hairpin? Broomstick? Something else? Anyway, it is from Antrhopologie and on back order. I priced out yarn versus Anthro price. I think it might be a splurge and then I can sit and figure it out a flower at a time. SO Pretty...







Last fall I took a free-form crochet class at Stitches Midwest. I thought that something close to this blanket could be created by first creating the standalone flowers and then crocheting a mesh to connect them together. I just so happened to pick up stitch book on the same trip that had a crochet stitch in it I haven't done in the past. I'm wondering if it is actually used in this blanket to create the super long string stitches on the flowers. LOVE<3LOVE<3LOVE<3 this blanket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, Beautiful!!! Free form for sure. Looks crocheted. I think you are right about making the flowers first. You could link it together any way you chose to and even multiple ways. I will send you a link to another beautiful afghan, assuming I can figure it out!!!!

Artifax said...

Oh, that is gorgeous! Anthropologie sure does have some stunning things. I crochet but I'm not sure of all the stitches used in the blanket. Certainly you could create something very similar looking in freeform crochet with flowers connected by netting.