Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crochet Block of the Month Club, Second Shipment

In the midst of the flu, I got my second shipment for the afghan CAL with Unique Sheep. I foolishly thought, "You should do this to keep your mind off you illness for a few moments." Uh...big mistake. The pattern isn't hard, but when you have the flu it is! I got to this point and stopped because nothing made any sense. After the illness went away, we had a trip to visit family, and I got back home and into the daily routine, I picked it back up. No problems with the pattern at all.



I think I like this yarn more than the previous shipment. It seems a little heavier, but crocheted up about the same. It is just so soft. I am a little torn on the color combination. Still working on that giving up control issue regarding picking out my own colors/yarn. This is a little red hat lady for me, but I trust that it will look right when the entire afghan is said and done.


The center rose is really pretty and I had never done a DTR (double triple) before. These are pre-blocking and are just under the 8 inch square goal. A little blocking with make the rose pop more and the 8" shouldn't be an issue.

No comments: