Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blackhawk Colvin Hat

A friend from high school ordered a hat for his daughter in Springs Valley school colors (black, white, gold -- technically trimmed in gold, my mom always used to say). I found a larger sized button that served as the gold that we had on most school things and I incorporated the black and white in the yarn combo. Okay, SVHS grads, what do you think? :)




For the knitters out there, this is my own pattern available for free (see Patterns tab).
Yarn: Black is Encore Chunky held doubled and white is Encore Mega
Needles: US 13 (I dropped my needle size from 15 to get a tighter gauge since this hat was for an 11-year-old.) The sizing fits my head (which happens to be the same size as some 4 year-olds I know!

Note that I used one button instead of two because it was a larger button. This is an easy way to switch up this pattern. This is also for the first time I mixed yarn colors in this pattern. Be sure to switch the color either before the overlap or right after, depending on if you put the overlap on the right or left side.

No comments: