Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cute Shop

I had massive cabin fever and cold weather hatred the other weekend. We didn't have anything planned. I'd been waiting for that to happen because there is a newish shop about an hour from home that I wanted to check out. We got in the car and headed over to Nomad Yarns. It was such a cute shop and the owner was very welcoming and friendly. We chatted about patterns, yarnie goodness, and other fiber topics while I looked around. I especially loved her displays, which you can see a few pictures of on her website. From the barrels on the wall holding the yarn to the old style crib displaying the baby yarns, it was just adorable and the front sitting room is perfect for a group to hang out and knit.

Of course, I found some goodies I had to have. This luscious red was yelling, "Gina, I've been waiting for you!" It has enough yardage to make a sweater. I think I will just cast on a top-down sweater and see where the yarn takes me.

Can you say BEauTiFuL!!!
Weaver's Wool in Ruby Red

I was being silly with my purchases and Patrick snapped this picture. I really "get" into my yarn.

I grabbed this pattern and few balls of Baby Bamboo from Sirdar to make this summer top for Ella. I realized that I keep using Jack's coloring to figure out what color to knit things for Ella. She'll probably come out with darker skin and black hair and shock us all!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gina, I'm glad you wandered over to Nomad Yarns. It's become my yarnie hangout since it's only 10 minutes from house. It's a great shop and the Thursday night knitting group is awesome.

Becky Cauldwell