Sunday, January 9, 2011

Some More Ella Knits

Over my break, I spent lots of time knitting and crocheting items for Ella. What fun I'm having knitting girlie things.

I added an optional ribbon to the pink Heaven yarn blanket so that Meg can have it in the eyelets when she wants and extra punch.

 Isn't this the cutest? The diaper cover and headband are adorable!
Yarn: White is Dream in Color Classy and the other three colors are Berroco Vintage
The pattern didn't really state what the weight of yarn was and Ravelry (Fancy Diaper and Headband) said fingering weight, but the picture on the pattern looked like worsted and the hook size was H, so I went with worsted and it worked great. 
Hook: J and H
Mods: I added the button as the center of the headband flower. I can't wait to make up my own headband flowers and patterns. I'm thinking the Flowers of Fall flowers would look super cute on some headbands!
I'm hoping that Meg will get a picture of her in this as a newborn all snuggled up.


Most of the other hats I make from here on out for Ella will be 3 months and beyond, but I wanted to make a second newborn sized hat for the first few weeks. This one was SUCH fun. 
Pattern: Cupcake Hat from Itty Bitty Nursery
Needles: I used a size 5
Yarn: Bottom yarn is Dream in Color Classy and the cherry is Berroco Vintage; I used Plymouth's Filatura Di Crosa Baby Pom Pom

I have a few more items on the needles and hooks for Ella that I hope to finish up in the next few days. Then, well then I get to cast on more items for her! And, oh yeah, items for the etsy store. :)

No comments: