Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crochet Block of the Month Club

My friend and fellow crocheter, Karla, introduced me to the Unique Sheep clubs. Shame on you, Karla! I signed up for a mystery scarf and a crochet block of the month club. The block club started this month and I received my yarn/pattern on Wednesday. It came at just the right time. That morning I told my hubby that I just hadn't wanted to knit or crochet for about 5 days. I didn't know how to snap out of it and get my mojo back. Well...like magic the package arrived and I wound it up and started it immediately!


Yarn: Unique Sheep Luxe - a lovely silk and wool blend
Hook: US C
Pattern: Private club pattern

Each month you receive a package with enough yarn to make two of the enclosed pattern blocks. This month had a pen, too. I loved making this one for several reasons. The middle cluster stitch was great fun. I kept thinking it would be cute at the top of a hat or all around the center of a market bag. Turning the circle into a square was a little bit of magic, as well. This is such a great way to get a blanket done and play with different stitches and yarn!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Your squares look great. Thanks for joining our club, and thank you Karla!