Friday, December 3, 2010

Ornaments

Christmas arrived in the Kanouse household the day after Thanksgiving. Every year, I use the day to clean the house (deep cleaning), decorate, and wrap up presents. This year, I felt old! I could barely move around the next day after all the eating on Thursday and work on Friday. It is always so much fun to pull out the ornaments and remember when/where/who it came from and what memories are attached. Each year, we add a few.



Our discount artificial tree that I bought our first Christmas at a Black Friday sale is still holding up well. I'm so attached to the thing that we will probably keep the thing forever. It is 12 years old and has such a pretty shape to it.

This year we added some very special snowflakes to the tree. Patrick's parents have long had crocheted snowflakes on their family tree and this year my MIL surprised all the "kids" with our own snowflakes as a thank you for making Thanksgiving dinner.

It was so special and I love them. So pretty. According to Diane, she was able to get through one in an hour. I didn't find out where the patterns are from, but I bet you could look in Ravelry for some references. They are treated so that they are stiff and hold their shape.




I also have a habit of picking up an ornament as my souvenirs from trips. (Saves money and keeps the knick knack level in the house at a minimum. I'm a bit OCD about having too many things sitting out and around.) Anyway, the white one in the next picture is all shells. We grabbed these at the airport in Turks and Caicos.


The little clay sheep are too cute, aren't they?

Our nephew, Aidan, made the family members ornaments this year, too. We got a tree and stocking. So special.

No comments: