Sunday, December 26, 2010

Knitting for Ella

We got the fantastic news that my SIL is going to have a little girl in April. We've all gotten so used to boys that everybody was a little surprised--most of all the mommy to be! I loved the way that Meg told me. She called me and asked if I wanted to go to the American Girl store. So cute. Well, I've been noting girl patterns for over 7 years now so I had a huge list of things that I wanted to make. I got started right away. It became obvious that Ella will be one spoiled little lady! I've finished up a few things so far.

A pink Heaven Mini Baby Blanket.
4 balls of Plymouth Heaven
US 15 needles

Ribbons hat from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash
Used US size 5 needles to get 5 sts/inch gauge

I have several other projects that are ever so close to being finished, so you'll have to keep tuning in to see them over the next week. I've bought LOTS of pink and purple as of late!

1 comment:

Meg and Pete said...

That blanket looks so soft and the hat is darling! It's meant alot to have someone so excited right along with me. Thank you! And when she is old enough, we are taking her to AG ;)