Friday, December 24, 2010

A Few Holiday Traditions

Over the years, Patrick and I have slowly developed our own little holiday traditions. It is funny to realize how many of them came about by accident. We always go to the movies on Christmas Day, for instance.  We also always watch Love Actually--LOVE that movie.

Of course, like a lot of people, there are certain foods that we also have during this time of year. I don't like chocolate, but one of PK's favorite treats are Crinkle Cookies. So, I decided that I was going to make these for him one day. I'm a mess in the kitchen. Well, this time was no exception. I had flour everywhere and things were flying around. I made the batter, let it cool, and baked them. I pulled them out a little worried because they didn't look right. I tasted one and YUCK. Well, crap. I went back to the recipe and realized that I misread the oil amount. OMG. It was so bad. So, a few days later (after I was over my anger at being a dunce in the kitchen) I remade them and Patrick has been eating them for days now.







We do a lot of reading, watching movies, knitting, and playing games during our two holiday weeks. I love this time of the year because I get to spend such much time with PK and the dogs. I am easily a little bit of hermit and I'm happy to stay at home and knit every day. For two weeks I can do this without feeling guilty!

No comments: