Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Flowers

I am a terrible gardener. Absolutely awful. I have managed to keep three cacti alive for the past two years, which is a record for me. This summer, we had four potted plants on the porch. I have since forgotten what they are, but I love the pretty pink petals. I have decided to move them inside and try to keep them alive throughout the winter since I didn't kill them yet. We NEVER EVER have plants alive by the end of the summer!

These three will be in my yarn studio until next summer. A few days after I took this picture, they bloomed like crazy. Right now, they are full of pretty pink blossoms and have grown a bunch. Yeah!

Then I decided that I wanted to try and keep a spider plant alive. My MIL has this plant in her house and I believe she got starts off of a friend ages ago. I've always liked this plant and it reminds me of Patrick's family, so I thought it would be nice to have this in our house for him. Right now, it is in a little water growing roots and I will pot it in dirt in this cute little pot soon. My hope is by next summer, it will be ready to re-pot into a hanging shell planter I bought in FL. It is a planter like the one my mom had when I was growing up. I thought it would be a nice combo of our family memories.

No comments: