Sunday, October 17, 2010

Winter Items

One day a few weeks ago, I came home from a long day of work. Mondays. My. Goodness. I. Hate. Mondays. Anyway, I found a few fun things in the mail--Knit Picks catalog, Company Store catalog, and a surprise package (more on that in a later post). I go absolutely spoiled at T's house with Company Store winter sheets and became obsessed with them. Santa brought me some last year and they are one of the only things I look forward to in winter. Sad, huh? (I really am working on a move to Florida!)

As I was drooling over the Company Store items, I found a lot of knit items and advertisements.

See the knitted wine bottle holders? The hooked rug pillows? My fav? The knitted sock boots!!!!!!

I went on a search in Ravelry for something similar in the slipper sock area. I found some crocheted ones that were in Inside Crochet, but are being re-released in October on this site: http://erssieknits.squarespace.com/. But, I love the snowflake design in the Company Store ones. Anybody know of a pattern that more closely mimics these?

Then I flipped the page and saw this ad. I love that it is a little boy in the picture. Aidan, almost every time I see him, will ask me to show him a few stitches. Each time, he does one or two stitches and then moves on, but at least he shows interest enough to make me feel good!

They also have matching pjs for the entire family--dogs included. Oh my. I threatened Patrick with getting the four of us matching red plaid for Christmas morning!


2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

You should get Aiden a Knitting Nancy. My nephew learned on mine last Thanksgiving and then I gave him his own for Christmas, accompanied by a big bag of yarn scraps. He wants to make slippers!!!!

Elisabeth said...

Oh, I forgot. I found my nephew the Knitting Nancy at Michaels. Sadly, none of the knitting stores carry them... :(