Friday, October 1, 2010

Salute Hats

I joined the Knit for Boys Ravelry board. (I can't imagine why, right? Three nephews and a hubby makes for a lot of boy knits!) Anyway, Tot Toppers was running a KAL for her new Salute hat pattern. I picked out some yarn to make a hat for Jack. Patrick liked the look of the hat, so I decided to knit him one, too. He mentioned that he wanted a black hat this year, since he has a brown one and green one already. I found some Tosh in Thunderstorm and thought it was perfect.

Jack's Salute Hat
Yarn: Berroco Merino
US Needle: 7
2 buttons
Size: Toddler



Patrick's Salute Hat
Yarn: Tosh (worsted)
US Needle: 7
2 buttons
Size: 22"

I LOVE them and can't wait to see the two of them in their cozy hats. Jack's is a holiday gift, so he'll get it in time to wear for the snow season. I have another skein of Patrick's yarn, so I plan to make him the requested fingerless mittens. Then, it will be on to Patrick's yearly sweater. Pattern and yarn already purchased. Now to knit it!

2 comments:

Silvia M. said...

Hi Gina,
I Joined that KAL as well and made two for my boys. One in red and one in heather green. I used Berroco Comfort Chunky and I bet they will be nice and warm. :)

Meg and Pete said...

Love the hats! Can't wait to see them modeled :)