Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Escape to Stitches Midwest: Part III

On Saturday I got up and went to a techniques class: Rolled Endings. This class was to show you alternative bind offs. I picked up a nice BO for ribbing that I will use a lot. A great little trick to help the rib go all the way to the end of the garment and stay stretchy.


We also went over how to apply i-cord and work a picot edge. Both of these are techniques I've used before and find to be great extra tools to have in your knitting arsenal.

After I finished up class, we got in the car and headed to Sycamore to visit with Jack, Meg, and Pete. It was so nice to visit with them. Jack has grown up SO much!!!!! He is such a cute little thing. At first he was a little hesitant with us and then he warmed up when he found out that he could put stickers all over us. I've been finding stickers on my clothes, car, and shoes for the last week. (When we got home we found that we had been sent the same stickers by a mailing company. I tucked them aside for when Jack comes for a visit.)

Playing cars with Uncle Patrick.


One of my favorite things was hearing Jack tell us the noises that animals make. The top two best sounds are blub blub for a fish and this little ffffffff sound for a bunny. Too cute. He was able to say Pat, but Gina is still too much. Aidan called me G for about 6 months, but most babies call me Ina for a bit. We'll see what Jack and Raleigh do.

 Jack busted me. He got my receipts out of my purse from market and gave them to PK!

Jack had great fun clicking on my iPhone button to see a picture of Kennedy. He kept pressing it and saying Kiki. He also showed us how he plays with Pudgy -- the big, fat stuffed animal we got him for Christmas last year.

No comments: