Monday, August 23, 2010

"Bella" the Penguin

After adding my classes, I started working on some shop samples. I make up shop samples for two reasons: to advertise the class and to work through writing my handouts for class. I can't tell you how often I have bought something to make because I saw it made up in a store. Such a good thing to see and get excited about making something. Anyway...all of this resulted in a little crocheted penguin. I named him Bella after the penguin PK and I met at Seaworld.

Yarn: Cascade 220 Wool in three colors
Hook: G
Other: Stuffing
Pattern: Penguin from Tiny Yarn Animals

I enjoyed crocheting him. It only took a few hours--love the satisfaction of crochet! Bella is just one of the many amigurumi patterns out there. You are welcome to select any pattern for the upcoming classes:
  • October 7th from 6 pm - 8 pm (Thursday night)
  • October 23rd from 9:30 am - 11:30 am (Saturday)
  • Cost is $15 for the class and you will receive a handout guiding you through all the tricks and techniques, in addition to pattern help for the animals you opt to make.
  • GREAT class for those who have learned to crochet but want more guidance on increases/decreases/shaping/techniques. What you learn in this little creatures will help you in crocheting sweaters, blankets, and everything else.
Let's get hunting (ha!) for the pattern you want to make. I hope you can join me in the fun. What great holiday gifts they would make!

No comments: