Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Florida Scrapbook

As mentioned a few months ago, I don't scrapbook as intensely as a lot of people. I tend to only do it right after a trip--right away or it never gets done. So, after we got back from Florida I grabbed a 12 x 12 book and decided to try and use up as much of my scrapbook stuff as possible before buying more. I didn't do too bad with that goal, either. I used up bunches of paper and mats, all of my various glue/tape/etc, and lots of other scrappy things. Another book or two and I might use up all my stash.

One of my habits on trips has become grabbing tickets, brochures, and such to use in the scrapbook. I don't like to journal too much in my books, so the printed materials help to tell the story. They also allow me to use up my boring plain papers because they add the visual interest. I also like using all the various sizes of photos. Digital cameras and at-home photo printers are so great for that stuff...

In this spread, I used the hand-made cards from my MIL and Aunt Dory. They both make such beautiful cards.

Now...to get that dog scrapbook worked on at some point in the next 5 years...I think I started it about 5 years ago, so 10 is a nice round number!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the scrapbook. It's my other crafty hobby too. :)