Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vacation Swap

In my Knitter's Holiday Swap group we are in the midst of the Vacation Swap. I thought this was a really cute idea. We could put together something from an area (like a vacation destination) or a package of something to do on vacation or a vacation in a box. I was assigned to a friend I had made prior who lives in Austria. She had sent to me previously, so I was excited to get to send her a swap package.

Most of my vacations this summer have been to the South. I thought that might be a fun thing for her. So, I picked up some yarn from Knitting Notions (Tennessee), a pattern from Virginia (I think), and a shawl pin from Purdy Thangz (Georgia). I put it all in a tea jug with a sweet tea recipe card and tea bags. Poor thing will go into sugar shock, but what says the South like sweet tea?

1 comment:

toastyyak said...

What an awesome idea! I love it :)