Friday, June 11, 2010

Flip Flops

A few weekends ago Patrick and I went to a neighboring town and walked around enjoying the great weather. It was nice to get out of the house for a little bit. I wasn't feeling so great--kept getting really exhausted all weekend and I slept for HOURS. Anyway, I stopped into the yarn shop for a quick look around and picked up some Cascade Paints and a pattern.

FELTED FLIP FLOPS!!!!

I don't know what is up with me and felted things recently. I think because I love my knitted and crocheted slippers so much, I was drawn to this pattern. They are knitted in two layers, bound off and seamed together, and then the thong portion is applied. They look HUGE! These are for me and are the size 7 woman's size. They are perfect for warmer weather--don't keep your feet warm but keep your feet from hitting the air conditioned floor.


 Here's an in progress picture. You knit a top and bottom and then do an applied i-cord bind together. The double layer is really nice and thick (especially with the garter). I've even been wearing them outside.

The finished product. A perfect fit.

Yarn: Cascade 220 Paints (2 skeins)
Needle: US 13
Mods: None (Although I would shorten the length on the straps the next time I make them for me. I have small feet and would prefer them be a little more tight to stay on better.

No comments: