Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blocking the Gina Shawl

I had a question the other day from a customer about blocking The Gina Shawl. There are several options for this garment and it all depends on what look you desire.

  1. If you want a straight edge across the top, pin that first and pull the center down. This will create a straight edge all the way around.
  2. If you desire to see the pretty round edges that the pattern creates, pin out the curves first and let the top angle down.
  3. Regardless of which of these two methods you select, you can also change the size in the blocking process. Lace can be left unstretched or you can REALLY stretch it out and pull on it aggressively to gain some more coverage. 
 Here is an example of #2. When I wear it, you cannot tell that the to is sloping down. 
I love to wear this style around my neck or with the wings tied behind my back to give a shrug effect.

No comments: