Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Scrapbooks

As much as I enjoy the fiber arts, I get overwhelmed with the paper arts. I love the beautiful handmade cards the my MIL and Aunt Dory do. I love all the great scrapbooks that others do. I walk into a scrapbook store and I want to run away. I just don't know what to get and what to do. The problem is that I want to put together all of my pictures into this little format. So, I do the best I can. I also have to do them right after a trip/event or they sit in a box for years! Here are the Turks and Caicos scrapbooks...

 
I went with the 8 x 8 format this time around.

 
And despite the fact that we only went for under a week, we had enough to fill up two books!

 
I tend to load up the pages with photos of different sizes and very few stickers and things.

 
I do like to put on backing formats around the smaller photos to frame them.
I also like to put facing photos in, like a good journalism major!


 
This page of Sally the Conch cracked me up...

 
The Iguana island spread...I used the description out of the guide book on the page.

 
I do journal every now and then. I don't want to forget all the funny stories.

 
I also tend to pick colors for the background that go along with the content of the pictures.
All done and ready to look over when we need a good laugh and a smile. I also used up a lot of scrapbook stash. How did I end up with so much of this stuff when I do it once a year!!!!!???!!! Now, back to knitting. After all this crocheting and scrapbooking, I can't wait to get back to my knitting needles!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Bring this tonight- I want to see it in person! It looks fab.