Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Brown County Outing

A few weekends ago we escaped to Brown County Indiana for a getaway. Patrick was on "spring break" from his IUPUI teaching gig and I didn't have any classes that Saturday. We went down on Friday night to make the most of the weekend. That night we ate at their new little brew pub and went back to watch the NCAA games. (BTW: It looks like I will win this year's pool with PK. The pay out? The components for the Know It All bag (see the new issue of Knitty). Finally, after him winning for the past three years!)

On Saturday, it was beautiful weather so we walked around to all the little shops. I was on a mission for a front door decor for spring/summer and a wall hanging for the large spot on the 1/2 bath wall that needed a sunflower. Success! Here's what I found. The front door one really makes me smile when I see it welcoming me home. If you have never been to Brown County, it is a great place to go. The area is known for the beautiful fall leaves, but the spring and summer are great too.

It is made out of a thin metal that is flexible. You pull the petals to the shape you want.


Of course, I couldn't go on an outing without a yarn shop visit...check in later for that update....

No comments: