Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I'm so excited to get to spend mine this year with my mommy, brother/sister-in-law, aunt/uncle, cousins, and my DH. We will be making the trek down to French Lick. (Okay, stop laughing. Yes, that is the name of the town, and get your mind out of the gutter. I've heard all the jokes.)

I thought for today that I would post you some pictures of just a few of the things I'm thankful for in my life AND I'm also posting a recipe. This is my aunt Christine's recipe, but I'm sure a lot of people out there call it Grandma fill in the blank's recipe because it is a common one. They are always my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner and we make them every year, whether we go to my family's get together or not.

My little Kiki who keeps me company and is so loving.

My mommy. (That's Kaitlyn who is almost grown up already!)

Mr. Aidan--I call this his mischief picture.

Little man Jack who joined our family this year. So darn cute!

I'm thankful for laughing and this pix of Aidan makes me do just that.

The person I'm most thankful to have in my life. My PK!

Mr. Riley who sits with me every night when daddy comes
home--just to make sure mommy still feels special.

My knitting...oh how grateful I am that I found my passion.

Of course, there are so many other people in my life for which I am thankful, but these are a few. All the friends I have, the customers who make every day special, my publishing family, my extended family, my inherited family from PK...the list is long and I'm so lucky!

The Yeast Roll Recipe
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Preheat oven: 400
Serves: 20 rolls

Dissolve: 2 cups warm water and 2 packages of dry yeast
Add: 1/2 cup sugar; 2 t salt; 1/4 cup soft lard or oil; 2 eggs; 6 1/2 to 7 cups of flour

Mix well--kneed until smooth and elastic on floured surface. Place in greased bowl (covered) in fridge for 2 hours up to overnight. Will double in size. Take out and punch down. Make into rolls or loaves. Let rise in warm place until double (about 1 hour or more). Bake at 400 degrees (for rolls: 15-20 minutes; for loaves: 30-45 minutes).

Note: If house is too cool for bread to rise the second time, heat oven to 200. Turn off and place formed rolls in oven. They will get BIG. Recipe can be cut in half and still work well.

No comments: