Monday, October 26, 2009

Shop Nancy's Lasagna Soup

A few days ago I posted about my knitting weekend and mentioned the lasagna soup. It was made by my dear friend Nancy and she shared it with me. Here it is for your enjoyment:

She SO did not want me to take her picture. Of course, I had to any way...
I won't even say what she called me!

For the recipe: PK and I added lasagna noodles and put everything into a crock pot for the day (putting the noodles in already cooked at the end of the day):

1lb hamburger (use can mix 1/2 lb. of Italian with 1/2 lb hamburger or 1 lb Italian sausage)
1 onion finely chopped
3-5 cloves garlic minced
2 -14.5oz. petite diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce
3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella

Fry hamburger, onion, pepper and garlic till meat is browned. Drain hamburger, in large pan add the additional ingredients with meat. Cook 30-30 min on low heat. In each bowl put 1-2 teaspoons of mozzarella ladle soup on top.

You can add fresh grated Parmesan directly to the soup about 10 minutes before completed. If you make it the day before DO NOT ADD cheese till you reheat.

I prefer to make it a day ahead so the flavors can "merry".

1 comment:

MandyJo said...

Thanks for posting the recipe, I'll be making this for our pre-trick or treat gathering.