Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Visit to the Mannings


I recently went out to Pennsylvania for a family wedding. My family lives in the Hanover/Gettysburg area and I tracked down a yarn shop in the area about six years ago. In a tiny, tiny town in the middle of the countryside is The Mannings. It is an old HUGE barn. It is primarily a weaving and spinning studio, but they have plenty of yarn for the knitter and crocheter. Over the years, I have acquired many a skein there (including Wool in the Woods, which is lovely).


On my trip this year, I found that they had a very large stock of Candace Eisner-Strick kits. I've drooled over these kits at Stitches Midwest for years, but never found one in the colorways I would wear. Well, this time I found not one, but two! Ugh, I know. The pocketbook is now empty...but the yarn room is full!

The Merging Colors Ode to Joy Short Jacket
I thought all of the pink tones would put this into my color range.
I'm holding off on making this one until my weight is stable.

Merging Colors Feather & Fan Bolero

LOVED the blue and thought this little pattern was too cute!
After my KAL knitting and holiday knitting, this is on deck (along with about six other things for myself that have been waiting and waiting).

The silver button is for the Bolero. The wooden ones...hmmmmm

No comments: